Sine Cura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Situation - Guild Venting Thread

2 posters

Go down

Current Situation - Guild Venting Thread Empty Current Situation - Guild Venting Thread

Post  chuffa Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:15 pm

Oh here we go again.......

Thought I would start this post for a couple of reasons.....

1. Alot of work goes into running the guild and a few people stand out from the rest. I ask you all is it fair to then complain to these people when as a collective we should all know better. These guys do not have all the answers. I thank each one of those people for the effort they put in and appreciate the time and energy given..........

2. I wonder whether it is time for us all to look inside and see what is best for the guild.... I will use the term team in it proper sense now. We are all a team whether you like it or not that means some sacrifice has got to be made for the greater good. I for one and those who remember made a tough decision to respec to a holy paladin. This choice did not come easily but with the help of others I was able to get half reasonable gear. I was lucky in the sense that I had only just turned 70 and I still had a lot of quest chains which would provide some of the better healing gear but the progression still was not easy and had to wait my turn and spend many evenings trying to pug groups which and I am sure you will all agree is a right pain.

There was a time where i felt dispondant and felt I was not getting the help I needed...I left the guild because I felt I had been done wrong. After a few days I had a re-think.

Were my expectation wrong, yes they were!

Was I actually taking it a bit to seriously, Yes I was.

Was the time frame I was expecting to get things done unreasonable, Yes it was.

Why was I actually playing. (if you don't know then answer to that you should go find something else to do)

I returned and explained myself to those whom had put trust in me and had help me get to the stage I was at...which was really appreciated.

So what is the point i'm trying to make you may ask. Well it is this.

I made a choice which I now stand by....I enjoyed to tank but I now enjoy to heal. It makes me feel part of a team and team which all work hard and as such have been running Kara. We (the guild) are at a saturation point and many of you are able to do the maths (3 healers though now v.sadly 2 healers, 2 tanks and 35+ DPS) we can't run two groups as it stands things need to change. We need more healers/tanks we don't need more dps. So the question I pose to you all is this. Are you willing to make a commitment to the guild if you are then think about re-specing or to help the others run to get the necessary gear or to find others to fill the roles necessary to create groups and in a week or so with some focus we will have two or more groups.....we must all work as a TEAM!!.

You will not be ask to re-spec, I wasn't and I never felt pressure to do so from any of the officers or people in the guild. I change because I wished for the guild to progress and for us to grow and have fun. It is a personnal choice, but and there is always a but please make sure your expectations are inline with what is reasonable mine were not but I re-assesed and now have more fun because of it. None of us levelled 0-70 in 3 weeks.....none of us expected to i hope, but now we all expect to be running kara in 3 weeks...... Run heroics get better gear and it is out there....... but have fun.... if we can't play for fun and work well in 5-mans we will never work well in 10-mans it is a learning curve, not about the game I think we have that worked out now but its about each other.

I find the whole situation upsettingly sad. I will help where and when I can. I will help those who are re-specing if I can and I will continue to improve my toon as well as focussing on having fun. That is my commitment....I wonder what yours is?

Please use this thread to vent and don't spam officers in the guild with questions/explanations as this really does take the fun out of the game which is why we lost a valid member this week. With some more understanding and not selfish want we can all be running Kara/BT/Zul'Aman before you know it. Smile

I said my peace it maybe valid in the eyes of some and not in the eyes of others, thats not the point. We all have to reach inside and decide where we want the guild to go.....

ANDY aka CHUFFA

*edited 31/1/08 - minor spelling and grammer corrections, added clarification on what I was trying to get across

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 am; edited 3 times in total

chuffa

Back to top Go down

Current Situation - Guild Venting Thread Empty Re: Current Situation - Guild Venting Thread

Post  vorlon Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 pm

here here, thank you chuffa says alot of what my thoughts were and are.
vorlon
vorlon

Back to top Go down