Sine Cura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arena Team "Sine Cura"?

3 posters

Go down

Arena Team "Sine Cura"? Empty Arena Team "Sine Cura"?

Post  Supernoob Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:51 am

So i was wondering to ask; is ANYONE interested to join Arena? I was thinking about name Sine Cura (because its our guild name)
and it would be nice to get respect to our guild Wink i mean more ^^...

So required classes for the arena are;

Tank
Healer
DPS (me?)
and maybe 2nd DPS...
Ofc, we can talk about arena team name again, but it would be nice have name, which really, really scares horde away!

anyway, id like to start 3 vs 3 team, (DPS, Tank, Healer) but then we got 1 problem;
Ive been on practice arena, witch was marvellous hard! So then we need some very good /good geared/ people, yes i know, im not such a good...

And 2nd thing:
We can also "test" people, whos enough good for PvP, because when i was on the practive, we got our asses kicked very very fast... And then i got one thing too; i dont have any idea, is someone tried Arena practive (?), so id like to hear peoples advices with this... oh,and one thing; we need to pay for putting an Arena team(!!!) i dont know right now how much, but it will cost like 100-500g (500g? i think thats a bit high price for it, so dont belive me!) but bout 100g it will cost...

(Arena matches wont take long, each game will take about 1-20mins)

-Super-
Supernoob
Supernoob

Back to top Go down

Arena Team "Sine Cura"? Empty Re: Arena Team "Sine Cura"?

Post  Kessian Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:15 pm

hey super

i used to do quite a bit of pvp on an old character but im afraid i can't help u with kess much......kess is purely pve geared i.e. just enough stam to take a few hits and crap loads of "output" to scare even the toughest mobs away.....unfortunately in pvp terms kess is a 2 hit kill for any aspiring hunter/rogue. when u say u are looking for peeps with good gear it needs to be pvp gear, how to get this on each class can be seen on most of the class forums and in particular what kind of build u will need to be successful. i will post a few of the links here at some point.

cheers

kess

ps. what i said above doesnt hold true to all classes/spec as some can move between pvp and pve more easily than others depending on their spec and playing style.

Kessian

Back to top Go down

Post  Zal Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:22 pm

I am definantly also into the whole Arena-battle thingy... The problem is that Zalazar is geared for PvE - he has moderate stam (10000hp) and output (app. 250dps), so i'm not sure that hed be of much use in the Arena. Either way - i'd love to give it a go with some training to see if he can get the job done though...
Eventually Zalahunter and Zalapala will come around to 70 as well, and they are being build with the sole purpose of PvP, but until then, i'm afraid, that it would require alot of rescoruces to get me ready for a full-blown Arena Tournament...
Zal
Zal

Back to top Go down

Post  Supernoob Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:15 am

Ok, but i didnt mean u have to have some full epixxx on you, i mean with good gear so you can even hit the horde who haves already Arena sets etc... But i hope that even someone joins with me! Because we can take practive arenas(!!!) before going on "real" arena... Please, ANYONE who thinks that you can survive at the arenas, /w me in game or post ur reply here!

-Super-

EDIT;

Whats the different of PvP and PvE? :S i really dont know Razz
Supernoob
Supernoob

Back to top Go down

Post  Zal Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:23 am

Supernoob wrote:Whats the different of PvP and PvE? :S i really dont know Razz

What?!? I Really hope that you're joking.
First of all, there is the amount of opposition you get from another player. No matter how clever a computer program was written, it will always be limited to do, what ever it was told to do. It could never fully imitate what differenciates us from animals and computers: Innovation, free thought and worst of all - human cunning and the will to survive and win.
And one other important thing that makes PvP different form PvE - the great feeling every time you PwN some horide. Every time a hordie dies, some kid is sitting somewhere crying! Remember that - its a really great feeling.

Oh yeah - I'd like to go and try some training with you n the Arenas :-)

Last edited by on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Zal
Zal

Back to top Go down

Post  Supernoob Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:14 am

Zal wrote:

Oh yeah - I'd like to go and try some training with you n the Arenas :-)

Great! Smile Then we need superDPS, or healer Smile
Supernoob
Supernoob

Back to top Go down

Post  Supernoob Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:06 am

So.. anyone interested to join?

Last edited by on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Supernoob
Supernoob

Back to top Go down

Post  Supernoob Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:02 am

But the problem is; i havent got anyone for the arena, only ones whos maybe up for it is you and Zala? If i didnt understand wrong, its ok if you dont wanna join it, ill search a team somewhere else...

And no, im not gonna leave guild (yet) i just wanna keep the fun up, like "we" had in CoL, and yes, this is not CoL, but wouldnt it be nice if we can make something cool so 'everyone' enjoy's? Smile
Supernoob
Supernoob

Back to top Go down

Post  Supernoob Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:05 am

For people, who doesnt know yet about Arena/Arena Teams:

"Arena Team Charters are in-game items used to create teams for the Arena PvP System. You must be level 70 to purchase one; they are available in three formats:

* Arena Team Charter (2v2) - 80Gold
* Arena Team Charter (3v3) - 120Gold
* Arena Team Charter (5v5) - 200Gold

They are purchased from <Arena Organizer> NPCs:

* "King" Dond - Located at The Ring of Trials in Nagrand
* Bip Nigstrom - Located at Gadgetzan in Tanaris
* Steamwheedle Sam - Located at Circle of Blood in Blade's Edge Mountains

Once a charter is purchased, it must be signed by the number of players the Team Charter is for, and then returned to an <Arena Organizer> to formalize the team and select the team banner. "

Overview

Arenas are areas in which teams of players can compete against each other in deathmatch-style PvP. Instead of participating in objective-based PvP, these contests will center around your team's ability to obliterate the other team. Blizzard has planned a system that matches teams of equal strength together to increase fairness and make advancement to the highest tiers more difficult and more rewarding. The arena allows for 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5, but your team may have up to double the amount required for one fight (a 2v2 team can have four people in it). Unlike normal PvP, the arena also allows intra-faction competition.

Only level 70 player characters can gain a Team Rating or Arena Points. Characters below level 70 can engage in practice matches. Teams require an Arena Team Charter in order to create an official team.

Arena Points are used as the currency to purchase Arena Rewards, which are considered to be on par with some of the mid-to high level PvE rewards.

Three Arenas are currently available:

* The Ring of Trials in Nagrand
* The Circle of Blood in Blade's Edge Mountains
* The Ruins of Lordaeron in Tirisfal Glades (released in patch 2.1).

Strategy

The strategies used in arena PvP are quite different from those used in previous PvP. Most PvP objectives previously involved holding or running flags which favors teams having certain classes rather than a overall strategy. In arena PvP the goal is to kill your opponents and different class abilities come into play. Tactics and coordination is much more important in such an environment especially since you are facing both horde and alliance teams in the arena.

Types

Players can participate in the Arena in two ways. The type you wish to participate in is selected when speaking to the Arena Battlemaster.
[edit] Skirmish

All players of any level can participate in a skirmish battle. It is identical to the Rated Match, however no Team Ratings or Arena Points are assigned.
[edit] Rated Match

Players who are at least level 70 and on an Arena Team (created with an Arena Team Charter) may participate in a Rated Match. After the match, each team has its Team Rating adjusted accordingly (See below for details on Team Rating Calculations).

Gameplay
[edit] Pre-Match

Upon zoning into the Arena instance, players start in a "holding area", health, mana, and energy are all restored, all buffs, conjured items are removed and pets are dismissed. (Debuffs will remain, and pets can be resummoned once you zone in.) Players are also given the Arena Preparation buff, which removes the casting cost of all abilities (including Soul Shards).

After 60 seconds of preparation, the match commences!
[edit] The Fight

Players battle it out until all the members of one team are defeated.

Abilities with a cooldown longer than 15 minutes cannot be used during Arena combat (including Rebirth). Conjured consumables and bandages may be used. Other consumables may not.

Once a player dies, they can choose to release and observe the remainder of the match as a ghost.
[edit] Post-Match

Much like the Battlegrounds, after a match is completed a statistics window is shown that displays total damage and healing done. The Arena window also shows the Team Rating adjustment as a result of the match.

Arena rating system

Copied and pasted from http://relmstein.blogspot.com/2006/09/arena-rating-system.html

Blizzard has already released information about how the current honor system is being changed in patch 2.0 and the expansion by becoming a point based system. The real interesting news is that they are releasing another honor system for the arena team battles. Community Manager posts describe the system as being based on the ELO chess system which uses statistical information to decide points in matches.

The ELO system takes the score of two opponents and calculates a statistical chance of winning based off those scores. After the match it uses the difference between the calculated chance of winning and the actual results. The difference between the two probabilities is then applied to the maximum amount of points allowed per match. Having a maximum amount makes sure teams have to play a large number of matches instead of just getting lucky and beating one team with a high ranking score.

Arena Point Calculation

Main article: Arena point

Graphical representation of AP calculation. (Updated 09/27/2007; updated for 2.2.)
Graphical representation of AP calculation. (Updated 09/27/2007; updated for 2.2.)

"The transformation from your Team Rating to Arena Points starts off as a linear function, but once you go beyond a certain rating threshold, the function becomes logarithmic. This means that you will see a significant payoff increase once your Team Rating goes beyond a certain point, but the high-end spectrum of the ratings will eventually notice a decrease in how much bang they get for their buck."[1] You can stockpile a maximum of 5,000 Arena Points."

resource: WOWWIKI.COM

-Super-
Supernoob
Supernoob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down