Sine Cura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment

2 posters

Go down

Recruitment Empty Recruitment

Post  Zal Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:25 pm

Take a second to let me share my thoughts on recruitment of new people to this guild...

Most of us has experienced first had, whant happens, when a guild "turns 70" and a gab arises between the high-level group of members, and the ones of a lesser level. In appears that a "main group" is formed, around which, most of the guilds activities are centered, ultimately leading to a consideralbe amount of frustration in the group of members <lvl70.
To prevent this, its vital to look at the purpose of the guild.
First of all a guild provides a reliable source of knowledge and help, and it should do it regardless of level. It is important that people take their time to help others out, and that the ones needing help understand that others might not always have time to boost them thrugh Deadmines (5 times in a row).

To solve this problem before it even pops up, I think that we should look at quantitative recruitment. It works like this:
Every now and then, when the need for new people is there, we mass recruit 10-15 new people over a wery short time, all at the same level. This way, we ensure that noone is left behind from the start, and that everyone always have a group to level alongside. This should spare the new members the frustration of being the weakest link, and the higher levels some of the trouble of boosting the new member all the time.

An example of a mass recruitment could be on a friday night:
3 prot warroirs,
2 holy priests,
1 holy paladin,
2 hunters,
1 shaman,
3 druids,
2 mages,
1 warlock
All within the same 4-5levels of eachother.

These new people will have loads to do all weekend, now that they're in a guild, and have 3 complete tailormade instance groups ready to go.

This of cause do not rule out the regular kind of recruitment, where a single member is added at a time...
I hope that you catch the idea of this concept, and let me know what you think of it.
Z
Zal
Zal

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Empty Recruitment

Post  chuffa Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:22 am

It seems like a very good idea.......it was the one thing which was frustrating before was the lack of help...from own level.

Smile

chuffa

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum